Field Report: Calinda’s Presence at the SharePoint Conference 2014 in Las Vegas
Last week, our CEO Alex flew from Europe, and with our fantastic US customer representative Erica they welcomed customers, partners and fellow SharePoint users at our booth at the Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2014, at the Venetian Casino & Resort in Las Vegas.
We presented our new BusinessGuest for SharePoint solution and received a tremendous feedback from SharePoint users and specialists, who praised a quick, easy, user-friendly, secure and practical way to share files and collaborate two-ways with external people from SharePoint, without the need to set up an extranet or even open the firewall!
We also presented the latest version 3.0 of SocialFactor for SharePoint, the cloud & on-premise social collaboration toolkit to build high performance business collaboration solution on SharePoint. Ultra-rich conversations consistent across the complete SharePoint, E-mail and Mobile user experience, with an unmatched flexibility-security balance.
We’ve been handing out a large number of our two product datasheets:
A quick, easy, user-friendly, secure and practical way to share files and collaborate two-ways with external people from SharePoint, without the need to set up an extranet or even open the firewall!
Cloud & on-premise social collaboration toolkit to build high performance business collaboration solution on SharePoint. Community management and ultra-rich conversations consistent across the complete SharePoint, E-mail and Mobile user experience, with an unmatched flexibility-security balance.
SharePoint Conference Key Announcements
The key announcement Microsoft made during the SharePoint conference this year is Office Graph, a dynamic model of relationships between people and contents to capture tacit knowledge automatically from Exchange, Lync, Office and Yammer, and give ways to query it to dig for information. This is revolutionary and Calinda Software actively accompanies this trend.
In order to simplify the management of groups of people across tools, Microsoft also announced Office Groups, a common grouping model shared by Office 365 applications to provide consistent people groups during the online experience!
Another key announcement was the integration of Yammer social collaboration in the Office web apps to allow users to collaborate from their office productivity environment directly. This aligns with Calinda’s vision of bringing collaboration to where the work gets done. Calinda Software helps customers take advantage of Yammer or other technologies to collaborate efficiently as part of business processes, and from business tools.
Some Questions Frequently Asked to our Staff During the Conference
E-mail exchanges and a sharing area to transfer large filesBusinessGuest consists in 3 major pieces:
- A SharePoint Solution Package that can be enabled on any SharePoint site, and that sends the files or messages to the BusinessGuest Cloud service when internal users share them using BusinessGuest.
- A Sharing Area Service, deployed in the DMZ or used from the Cloud, that can receive, store and send documents or messages received from SharePoint, and track the replies and feedback back to SharePoint through the BusinessGuest SharePoint package. There is never any network connection initiated from the sharing area to SharePoint, only outbound connections from SharePoint to the sharing area.
- A powerful e-mail and mobile gateway technology that the sharing area uses to send files and messages to the BusinessGuest (and internal for that matter) users and track when they open, download or reply. This technology works with most e-mail applications and does not require any installation of software on the client side.
YesThere are 3 possible implementations of BusinessGuest with regards to Cloud vs. On-Premise architecture:
- SharePoint On-premise, Sharing area on-premise: Please Contact us to order the sharing area package that can be deployed in your DMZ, on your own network. No cloud at all, you control everything.
- SharePoint On-premise, Sharing area in the cloud: Simply Contact us to receive the package to deploy on your SharePoint farm.
- SharePoint in the cloud, Sharing area in the cloud: A SharePoint 2013 App for SharePoint online is coming soon to the App marketplace. Stay tuned!
- Community management and directory features
- Community and multi-community conversation features
- Profile conversations features (including expert suggestions and sharing)
- Conversation portal features
- A SharePoint social intranet
- An innovation management platform on SharePoint, connected with the ideation tools
- An expert community platform, connected with the e-mails and business tools of experts
- A project management and collaboration platform on SharePoint, connected with the project management tools
- A collaborative product lifecycle management (PLM) connecting all the PLM, CAD, project management and ERP tools and letting people collaborate with each other from their respective professional environments (collaboration hub)
- And as we did for Orange group's 180,000 employees, a SharePoint Enterprise Social Network of course!
YesCalinda solution's UI can be very easily customized:
- Visual customization: through CSS add-on extensions
- Layout customization: through HTML templates extensions
- Custom extensions make everything possible!