BusinessGuest Usage & Benefits
We believe collaboration is here to do business, and that no business is about collaboration and social networking alone. As a result, SocialFactor is not only designed to serve as an Enterprise Social Network by itself, like products such as Yammer in the cloud.
Instead, SocialFactor works both on-premise and in the cloud, and it provides the major functionality required to build a social-enabled and secure high performance business collaboration platform that will support a given business need or scenario. We provide:
- Community management and directory features
- Community and multi-community conversation features
- Profile conversations features (including expert suggestions and sharing)
- Conversation portal features
By combining and customizing these features and webparts, customers and partners can very quickly build the platform they need to support a specific business purpose, such as:
- A SharePoint social intranet
- An innovation management platform on SharePoint, connected with the ideation tools
- An expert community platform, connected with the e-mails and business tools of experts
- A project management and collaboration platform on SharePoint, connected with the project management tools
- A collaborative product lifecycle management (PLM) connecting all the PLM, CAD, project management and ERP tools and letting people collaborate with each other from their respective professional environments (collaboration hub)
- And as we did for Orange group’s 180,000 employees, a SharePoint Enterprise Social Network of course!
Building a business solution with SocialFactor building blocks can be a very quick task (2 hours to build a simple expert community platform for example) and an ambitious project, depending on the requirements and specifics of the project.
Do you need to follow SharePoint interactions on your mobile? Or do you want to set up a mobile exchange area with notifications and a dedicated app to communicate with your external partners? BusinessGuest users can now benefit from the award-winning InsideOut Solution for Mobile SharePoint Collaboration! And even the BusinessGuest external users will be able to keep in touch with you from their mobile devices!
It’s in your e-mail. To reply, just reply to the e-mail…
Were you invited to a BusinessGuest conversation by one of your customers or partners?
If so, using it is as simple as reading and replying to the email you received. If your partner shared a file with you, the file is attached to the email. If it is a large file, it was replaced by a download link. Just click on the click to retrieve the file.
By replying to the message, you reply to your partner and ensure their collaboration process runs smoothly because your reply will be elegantly added to her own collaboration platform.
If you attach files to your reply, these files will also be received by your partner. Depending on her configuration, the files will also be added to her collaboration platform, in order to make sure everybody in the project has the same level of information.
From the webpart or from the contextual menu of any document
If BusinessGuest has been activated on your SharePoint site and if you were granted the permissions to use it, you may use it.
- To share any file from the site’s document libraries, or
- To start conversations with internal and external participants from the BusinessGuest Web Part
To share any document with internal & external participants and track their feedback and updates:
- From the site’s document libraries select the “Share with BusinessGuest…” option in the file’s contextual menu. This will open a popup dialog to let you select the recipients, type a message and share the file and message. The new conversation will be associated to the document. You may retrieve all conversations linked to a document in a new column Conversations of the document library.
- From the BusinessGuest page or Web Part, in the first tab, select the document(s) you want to share from a library or on your local computer, select the recipients and type a message. If you select SharePoint documents, the conversation will be linked to them in the Conversations column.
To send a message and track replies and attachment, use the second tab of the BusinessGuest Web Part, “Send a Message”. Just type the message and select recipients.
To retrieve all conversations, including feedback from the internal or external participants, go to the BusinessGuest page of the site, or add the BusinessGuest Web Part to any of the pages.
BusinessGuest is useful every time you use SharePoint internally and need to exchange files and messages with external people. Here are some real life examples of business cases where BusinessGuest can be used at great benefit:
- In Construction: for sharing plans and project documents with customers and contractors and receiving feedback in an orderly and traceable way.
- In Banking & Financial Services: use BusinessGuest to easily send contracts to customers, track their downloads and their changes, and engage a conversation with customers until the deal is closed.
- In Education: for sharing teaching materials with contractors and exchanging about them with students or groups of students.
- In the Public Sector: to regroup people from several agencies or public services quickly for working on a particular project such as an outdoor event.
- For Procurement: for sending contracts and bid data to suppliers and managing the bidding process and Q&As directly from SharePoint.
- For Sales & Marketing: for sending product and contract information to customers and other partners, then gather and track updates and feedback while keeping everyone in the loop, including external people.
- Even internally: even within the same company, it is not always straightforward to regroup all the team members of an horizontal workgroup or project in the same SharePoint site. Sometimes distinct departments each have their own SharePoint environment, or several subsidies don’t share the same Active Directory or SharePoint environments. BusinessGuest allows you to easily and quickly build a bridge between the team members even if they use distinct SharePoint sites.
- And so on, and so on… almost any modern collaboration use case is an opportunity for BusinessGuest to simplify, accelerate and strengthen the exchanges between people in a distributed team.